Lash Extensions

Lash Extensions
The Eyelash Extension kit

Permanent Eyelashes

Permanent Eyelashes
Wouldn't you love to have lashes like these? Now you can!

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Ban On Chemicals In Cosmetics

December 2008

On November 11/08, an article was written in the Toronto Star. I thought I should pass this on to my readers.

Twelve national health and environmental organizations are calling on Health Canada to speed up the process it uses to deal with toxins under the Chemical Management Plan and promote safer alternative products.
They are found in cosmetics such as perfume, hairspray, skin creams and cleansers, or in common household products such as, window cleaners, floor care products, pesticides and carpet cleaners.

The chemicals are:

* Pigment Red3 (2-Naphthalenol): found in nail polish, soap bars, plastic colorants and industrial painting inks.
*DEGME (2-Methoxyethoxy): a solvent found in household paints, pesticides, floor care products, window washer fluids, skin creams, cleansers, hairspray, and perfumes.
* 2-MEA (2-Methoxyethanol acetate): found in nail polish, dry cleaning treatments and glues.
* 2-Methoxypropanol: it is found in nail polish enamel and remover, hair conditions and sprays, false eyelash adhesives and removal solvents, and pesticides.

Make sure you read the ingredients in your products. And if there is no list on the packaging, you can write to the manufacturer and they will send it to you.

The adhesive glue in my eyelash extensions kit, do not have any of these ingredients.
"I Love My Lashes" glue ingredients are: Latex, Aqua, Sodium Polyacrylate, Sodium dicyclopentadiene, Dimethicone, Quaternium 15, Ammonium Hydroxide, Potassium Hydroxide, Fragrance.

You can read the article here at;
Canada: Call for ban on chemical in cosmetics, cleaners








5 comments:

Kandace Loewen said...

Hi Kendy,

Have you had all your products ingredients checked. Do any of your nail products have these chemicals in them?

kandace

Anonymous said...

Help, Please!

My 9 year old is a competitive dancer and for the first time this year she is required to use false eyelashes. My family is dedicated to safe and organic products. Previously I have found safe organic substances for all her required make-up going so far as to order samples of safe lipstick to exactly match the proper required colors required.

My problem... I can't find eyelash glue that I am okay with using! The best so far is a product called Winks but I am not sure about the poly vinyl in it since I know that poly vinyl chloride contains lead and pthalates. Do you know anything safe?
-Laura

Kandace Loewen said...

Hi Laura,

If you are using the false eyelash strips, then you can use the glue from I Love My Lashes. You can glue the strip right on top of your own lashes or on the eyelid skin.
The glue will be strong enough for the strip false eyelashes.

You can order the eyelash glue from the website;

www.ilovemylashes.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this article!!! I looked up the ingredients for a competitor that adverstises they are made in a foreign country to "strictest standards" yet the primary ingredient is a chemical that has been outlawed in the EU in nailpolish and other cosmetics. Don't want it near my eyes. LOL Can't wait to try your product that I just ordered then I will post a review!

Kandace Loewen said...

I just received an email that I would like to share with you all.

I tried to leave you a review but the site kept saying *name required *email required even though those fields were filled in. So, here is my review and I give it a 5!
I LOVE this stuff!!!! I bought the glue only, not the kit as I already have quite a selection of cluster eyelashes. I've been looking for something longer wearing but not like the semi-permanent adhesives that need to be applied by an esthetician. This is it! Doesn't smell or sting plus the ingredients are all listed. I asked another company for their list of ingredients and didn't get it. Not reassuring. I love this stuff!

Thanks Joanne N.